Examining Safeguards for Consumer Data Privacy
|Dates:||26 September 2018|
|Location:||Washington, DC, USA|
|Privacy and Data Protection|
|U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce|
U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, convened a hearing titled “Examining Safeguards for Consumer Data Privacy,” on Wednesday, September 26, 2018. This will examined privacy policies of top technology and communications firms, review the current state of consumer data privacy, and offer members the opportunity to discuss possible approaches to safeguarding privacy more effectively.
- Mr. Len Cali, Senior Vice President—Global Public Policy, AT&T Inc.
- Mr. Andrew DeVore, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Amazon.com, Inc.
- Mr. Keith Enright, Chief Privacy Officer, Google LLC
- Mr. Damien Kieran, Global Data Protection Officer and Associate Legal Director, Twitter, Inc.
- Mr. Guy (Bud) Tribble, Vice President for Software Technology, Apple Inc.
- Ms. Rachel Welch, Senior Vice President, Policy & External Affairs, Charter Communications, Inc.